Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Been over week trying to Update
Been over week trying to Update

2324 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-05 12:08:51

•   Level 2   
    (42) points
    Great Cars
    2015-04-03 22:37:13
    For the last week I've tried to update my Maxidas DS708 without success.  It says I'm out of space, but free updates were offered for a year and I'm doing my last update before my time expires in several days.  I bought a larger SD card but have had problems.  I also deleted programs not used and gained space, but when updating it would not complete even though I still had room for left.  I need to update this is frustrating, they should provide enough space to keep you current for your first year and this is not the case.  Please advise.  I'd like what I paid for .   Thanks,

Dan

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2015-04-04 09:34:30 (Reply to:Great Cars)

Use the PC software, NOT the DS708 itself, as the PC has more space on the HD to hold the downloads until they get copied on the SD.
    Also much faster.

As I use a 32GB SD I do not have problems, neither with DS708 nor with PC.

•   Level 5   
    (248) points
    ljs

2015-04-04 13:53:57 (Reply to:Great Cars)

hi I use a 16GB sd card and copied the old sd card to the new card then updated as needed this worked for me. The sd card that come with the 708 is not big enough to update.

•   Level 2   
    (42) points
    Great Cars
    2015-04-04 15:15:38 (Reply to:ljs)
     Bought a 8 gb sd card today.  Spent 8 hours doing everything under the sun.  All I need to do is get my updates current, but the 4gb sd card has no memory.  I dumped some of the programs and still after individually selecting my updates I still ran out of room, even when the tool had plenty of space left.  So I tried to copy the files to my computer and transfer them to new sd cards.  8, 16 with no success.  I even had 3 other people who are very good with this trying for hours without success.  It appears to me that unless you have a special coding for the SD card or access you can't copy.  My subscription runs out on Monday .  I have taken screen shoots of my different attempts so as to show that I have tried to do so with no success.

Any further ideas would be appreciated.  Time is marching on, I think that is what they are hoping so I will renew at $700, well that's not happening, and neither are the purchases of several more units going to happen after this ordeal.

I hope some one from Tech Support is on top of their game and can unlock this mystery for me.  I have read scores of reports by others who have had simular issues, and also others who sailed right through without a hitch.  My issue is that the supplied sd card is full and won't allow more information.  Not cool, should have come with a card able to handle the updates for the year in question.

Thanks
    Dan
    Great Cars

•   Level 2   
    (42) points
    Great Cars
    2015-04-05 12:08:51 (Reply to:ljs)
     Still no success with trying to update and increase to a larger SD card.  
    I just have been reviewing older post about this issue.

Another member, prmayner, wrote the following on March 6 2013 asked the following question:

"Just how do you do a backup card?  I've tried different copy methods but nothing works."

My question exactly!

Response came from SUPPORT as follows  

"you need a install file....pls leave your email box here then I can send you a copy"

This may explain why I'm experiencing problems.  Can someone, especially support please confirm this method.
    I am asking for additional time to process my request if I am unsuccessful in getting my updates installed.  It has not been due to my efforts to do so.  Updates for me expire on Monday April 6th, at 8:30 PM approximately.

I am concerned that I have not read this information until today, but that would make sense in explaining my attempts at doing a backup card that will work in my MaxiDas 708.

I will also be calling Tech Support first thing monday morning, 

Thanks 
    Dan
    Great Cars

My email address is prophet1115@aol.com
    If someone has this install file I would be grateful, so I can complete my last update for my tool before free updates expire.

Total1 Pages